The history of Israel continues in 1 Kings and the peoples of Israel and their kings continue to stray to the right and the left not following the commandments of God but rather those of the gods of the nations around them. Elijah has now entered the story but again I am reading word by word without thinking of what I know comes in the later books of the Bible. I completed 1 Kings and will begin 2 Kings tomorrow. God's punishment continues as He waits for the obedience which he has commanded. We do see elements of it in 1 Kings where obedience to God comes before self on the part of some of the leaders. Elijah is a man of God and very important.
Cleaning day top floor all accomplished and today it is the main floor and I shall start in a while. Good rain thus far over the past couple of weeks and more to come this week. Unfortunately it may be accompanied by lightning but hopefully the rain will be heavy and put out wild fire started by lightning. Into August now with day 4 and the cooling trend will soon make itself felt although we can have warm days in September.
More work on the matches and I have completed the first eight pages and will probably look at the next three pages which will take me most of this week probably and then I can enter the new material into my database and September should see me putting more time into the Generational Blake Chart and eventually the Pincombe Chart. I hope to finish by the end of 2028 and look to be on a good schedule. Time will tell. I still have the corrections to the Index of the Siderfin Book on the backplate and will not forget to do that eventually. It may get slotted in as a something different to do as I move along. I also want to continue phasing Edward's grandparents but that is still pretty much on the back burner. Although I have the records of a dozen of his close cousins to help with that. It is hard to believe that he did all of that work thirteen years ago now collecting up the data of his cousins from DNA testing. Only a couple did not do the testing but a dozen is a lot of cousins for sure and on all sides of the family.
I still did not locate the Allen pictures. I thought they were in the archival box marked Allen but that turned out to be incorrect. I have since found some copies of those originals but not the originals. But there are still about ten boxes of his research to go through.
I will begin the envelopes in a couple of weeks with the pictures of Edward's birth family namely pictures of his brother, wife, and two children and their children that Edward took through the years beginning in 1961. Since Edward and his brother generally appeared together in pictures I will keep all of those for the early pages of the first binder. I hope to complete this task in the Fall and send them in December to Edward's nieces.
At that point I can move on to the collections of information that Edward scanned or photographed and burn them to DVDs and I still have to write to the OGS Ottawa Branch Library to see if they are interested in setting up a Fonds for his research. The section that I sent to Chilliwack Archives dealt with British Columbia Kipp and the material that E Harvey Kipp sent to and brought to Edward back in the 1970s. It seemed appropriate to return it to this area particularly after the correspondence between the Archivist and myself.
Soon time to start the cleaning and Solitaire puzzles to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment