Reading Nehemiah and Nehemiah is Governor and the peoples who have returned from captivity in Persia (Babylon) have worked hard to restore the temple area in Jerusalem. The numbers of people is overwhelming when you think about it. Thousands of people have returned from captivity. I completed to the end of Chapter 9 and a new Covenant has been signed between God and the people of Israel. The amount of history in all these words is amazing. We know so much about these lands where modern Israel now is located and the lands around this area. The people are known by their various groupings who are not part of Israel. Fascinating really as reading the Bible when I was much younger I did not think about all of these parts in the same way. God the Creator tried to live on earth with us; He no longer lives with us after He sent Jesus His son to show us the way; to create the Christian faith to support all the teachings that Jesus brought with Him to mankind over two thousand years ago. Slowly we are reaching towards the times of the New Testament but still quite a bit of reading to do. We will go back and forth in time as we reach the Psalms and the Proverbs. These two Old Testament books are perhaps the most familiar over all to me because we do read a Psalm every week in Church and the Proverbs we see in our daily life in writings.
Prayers continuing for the souls of those who have died in the floods in Nepal and Tibet. Prayers for the rescue of the thousands still trapped in the mud (buildings buried in the deep mud). Some people experienced in tunnel rescues have left from Canada to go to Nepal and Tibet to help. The rescuers must be exhausted from all of this searching. So many lost.
Windows opened to let in the fresh air and cool the house down before the temperature rises. I turned the air conditioning off a week ago. I find it very cold especially when it is dehumidifying although I do keep it at 25 degrees celsius.
Diversification of our trade is at the top of our list of things to do and will continue until we have increased our trade between the provinces (where ever is the BC peanut butter?), breaking down those trade barriers, and increase our trading with the rest of the world. It is our prime thought along with all the new projects that are in mind. Our military projects took the first concern and are starting to come to fruition so time now to work on civilian projects. It is something we should have been doing these past fourty years but now we are at it and that is the important part. Our youth are certainly up to the challenge.
Today is cleaning day and I am back on schedule and will do the main floor today as it will be quite a bit of extra work with washing of all the floors. Actually the dogs were quite good and I wiped their feet outside on the muddy days and inside when it was just dusty and a bit damp but not muddy. They were good and I am sure they are thrilled to be back with the cats as they have missed them. There are four animals and a lot of fish - 2 dogs and 2 cats. They are all good friends.
With the matches all done (although I see My Heritage has sent me email with some new ones that I will check out) I started into the phasing of my great grandparents. I will avoid adding anything new unless it is incremental adding in details that needed more support.
So working on the books, the photo albums and the phasing of the grandparents (Edwards)/great grandparents (mine) will be my focus over the next few months. Lots of working time ahead of me and winter soon to come which is my best working time for sure.
I am looking forward to moving in three years or so as this house, small though that it actually is, is much too large for me. Would love to move sooner but at 81 I am too old for too many changes all at once if I can avoid it. I know that moving in three years or so is something that is going to happen but trying to do that several times is just not practical.
I must admit listening to Jason Kenny discussing the current situation I could wish that he would contemplate going back into the Conservative Party federally. He is cooler headed and controlled in how he discusses topics. I do not entirely agree with him on the tariff business. The intent is to protect our home industries with the current retroactive tariff to come into force in another week and I think is best centered on that idea - I agree with the Premiers of Alberta and Saskatchewan on these points. But he is an excellent speaker with a lot of background in federal politics and a good listener.
Solitaire puzzles to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment