Canada continued its heroic trips back and forth across the North Atlantic which had begun in earnest in 1939 and continued into 1942 ferrying food and materials to the British Isles and returning with shiploads of children to protect them from war. It was a difficult couple of years but our maritime forces exceeded any expectations on what could be done in such precarious times. Not that such times are on us again but the need for such hard concentrated work lies ahead of us. It is an exciting time in our history that is for sure as we diversify our trade and start new products for delivery to the world.
Completed the reading of Ezra yesterday and moving on to Nehemiah today. The Israeli people have returned to their homeland from captivity in Persia (Babylon) and Assyria. The rebuilding of the temple is underway. God is in their hearts and minds as they work to regain what was lost to them.
Just two matches left to do and back to rephasing the great grandparents and continuing with the generational charts of the Blake family at Andover and the Pincombe family at North Molton.
The dogs and I spent a little time outside yesterday and they will soon be going home. I am in need of a week of rest and relaxation which will include cleaning my house. Last night just eleven degrees celsius and up to fifteen degrees celsius now at 9:30 a.m. Fall is coming and with it the change in the colours of the leaves which has begun slightly here and there. I need to take down the bird feeder as I do not feed birds; letting them take what they want from the fruit and seeds in the yard. They are very industrious birds but it is fun to watch them come to the feeder that is for sure. The cardinals have never left us all these years coming back year in and year out. One generation after another. This year's generation's young is a female cardinal and mostly it has been male cardinals from this pair over the last few years.
Solitaire puzzles are next.
I am always thinking about my driving. I have decided when my reactions do not seem to be quick enough to me then it is time to stop. The other day I was headed to the grocery store which involves a couple of streets. I was making my turn onto the street that takes me there and suddenly a motor bike appeared and as I was in the way I finished my turn but it does tell me that watching is the most important thing. A motor cycle going by on the street outside reminded me of that as I was sitting with the dogs.
No comments:
Post a Comment