Matches all completed and moving on to the genealogical tables although I have quite a bit of work to do now on the phasing of my great grandparents as well. The project to work on Edward's grandparents is still in the beginning stages and I will work on that gradually. Although I would like very much to move I still have far too much material. Edward's boxes still number 30 Banker Boxes and finding time to do everything seems to be very difficult. I want to do a proper job of managing Edward's paperwork. He did give me a lot of instructions for some of it but not all. So I am winging it quite a bit although his cousins have been very helpful. He was just into so many of his lines and acquired so much material.
The Archives at Chilliwack are still on my mind as I told them I would send them the newsletters that I have written and I still need to do that.
I need to pull all of Edward's niece's pictures and get them into a package in the next month or so. But fourty binders is still a lot of pictures. So I need to organize that as I move through them. Then I am also writing two books for my parent's families (Blake and Pincombe). I think this winter though I am organized enough that I can accomplish even more than last year. I can see that the three years that I will probably still remain here might let me accomplish all of this work. I would dearly love to move but it is impractical.
I am really happy when the children are back in school as I am more comfortable with driving to the store. I can go slowly and the streets are all 40 km per hour which is great. I think I will give up wearing my one pair of sunglasses driving though as they seem to be darker than my other pair; I do have a pair that are brighter. I really never found it a problem until the other day. However, everything worked out but one wants to be so careful.
Very very few people come to the door now which really suits me; none is even better unless they are my relatives. I just go to the window and suggest they put their flyer into the mailbox or just shake my head to say I am not coming to the door. I think I will put my note on the door that I am busy working. I do not buy anything at the door and really can not help anyone. There are other people around me who are home and much younger than I am. Funny to finally be too old rather than too young as I was so many years of my life.
I did finally listen to some of the televised information on the trade talks. I am so in favour of diversifying our trade but that doesn't mean that I am against some sort of a trade deal with the United States. It means a lot to many many States and it means a lot to our Provinces and Territories. But we have proven ourselves through this past century and need to just work on what we can do. I marvel at the bravery of the Canadians throughout 1939 to early 1942 when we were all alone on the North Atlantic going back and forth day after day ferrying food and supplies to the British Isles and bringing back the children to protect them from the war. It was a hard life I think and cost us a great deal of money; I entered it just after the war so grew up in the shadow of that great contribution that Canada made and we continue to do what we can do to support our allies in the protection of our lands and oceans. Our country borders on three oceans with the longest oceanic coastline in the world.
I do want the shovels in the ground for the pipeline to the west coast sooner rather than later. The eastern pipeline to Ontario and Quebec is needed as well but time will tell. I wonder sometimes about mining the oil in Venezuela after that last earthquake (that seems to be on people's mind with the latest announcement). Sometimes the land will yield up its goodness other times it fights back. Hard to say; I am not an expert. Canada, the land of my birth, my upbringing and my adulthood and I do love Canada very much. When I have given up my time freely particularly in the service of God I am happy to do so. But God does not make huge demands on us just two - love God with all our heart, soul, strength and mind and love (respect really is the meaning I think) our neighbour as ourself. Then peace can be there for the entire world and that Utopia so many seek will be here on earth as we await the Second Coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. I do not seek Utopia but rather my quiet life where I can just write to my heart's content.
Reading Nehemiah and all of his work on the restoration of the Temple in Jerusalem. This has been a fascinating trip through time reading the Bible in my old age. I am quite exhausted from the summer and look forward to a quiet fall. I am not one to seek medical aid particularly because the psychiatrist did tell me what I had to do to stay well. I will be doing that over the next month or so as I recuperate from a summer full.
Woke up with a headache as my mind is too active at the moment. Need to take it easy for a bit and recuperate. Off to bed again and to sleep.
Solitaire puzzles in the morning when I awake. Thank you God for all that you do.
Dear Father hear and bless Thy beasts and singing birds. And guard with tenderness small things that have no words. Bless my grandparents, my parents, my siblings and my husband who have proceeded me in this life. Bless all those that I love and all who dwell in Your lands and protect them from the evil of the world. In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Goodnight once again.
No comments:
Post a Comment