I do love the huge luxury of time on my own because I did not have it for such a very huge part of my life. As a child I was the middle child of seven children although moving to the attic gave me a certain amount of quiet and time on my own. Then I married at 20 (I was going to take a job in criminology with the RCMP in Regina but Edward persuaded me to marry him instead). No regrets on marrying; we had fantastic times together especially in the Northern woods of Ontario. It was beautiful. Then raising our children together was wonderful. But Edward was a people person and I definitely not but somehow we managed to compromise all of that and I would go places that he wanted to be at as a member of this and that and that worked; I just didn't get involved in all the projects except when he needed my help or volunteered me. Now I love being with my children but then I can not get any work done so the compromise works well. I work a lot and then have breaks and that is fun. It is the change between having everyone and not having anyone that I adjust to in between but it doesn't take long actually although I love their company. But at 81 I no longer want to spend time with people that I am not related to; that is just it.
Continuing to read 1 Chronicles and I am into the last set of chapters of the book this morning. I find myself running over in my mind my father's thoughts on tribalism. Tribalism and what is it; it gives many people a sense of belonging of which perhaps they feel a need. It gives people a purpose but what is tribalism really; a thought that everyone in a group is related and shares common ancestry for a long time. In reality there are not that many people so intertwined these days; most countries have experienced the ebb and flow of populations around the world and few are of the exact same groups of people who once dominated the areas now occupied. Being European isn't really tribalism and especially not purely Caucasian as Europe is a mixture (a huge group of all kinds of different people; over 743,630,003 of them); even being from England/British Isles as I am and probably 95% of my ancestry or more way back in time since I must reach back into the 1500s for my Huguenot (French) ancestry (Question/Cuestion, Millet) and the 1400s for my Scot (British Isles) ancestry (Routledge (many lines), Tweddle, Storye, Armstrong, Robson, Bushby) doesn't make me 100% from even the British Isles. The population of the world is constantly moving from one place to another seeking a better life for their family. The world is indeed a stronger place for being able to manage this ebb and flow of people. Why do people flee their country of birth; weather change I think is the biggest driver - their lands are dried up and they cannot grow food. I think it comes down to that or the other driver is war. Why do we have war? People are greedy and want what someone else has. That is what we have to move past more than anything. I am thinking now on my father's thoughts about tribalism being the biggest problem in the world. I think it is greed really.
When the United Nations was formed in 1945 it had an aim; to bring peace to the world and to let people be heard. We must give more power to the General Assembly to control actions that cause war but first the realization of the source of the problem needs to be understood; the action that caused the reaction - Russia invading a country they called Nazi and then the threat of nuclear war if anyone interferes is just such an ignorant action, Iran creating and backing armed militants like Hamas, Hezbollah and the Houthis to try to destroy Israel is another such ignorant action; it is a coercive manipulative tactic trying to take over something that does not belong to them. You just have to pile on the sanctions until they stop. There is enough nuclear power to blow the world into pieces and there is no return from that. That is called Armageddon and it is in the Bible. The Bible is a fascinating book with its history of time and predictions of time to come. The word of God was given to us - Love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and love your neighbour as yourself. That is how we survived what looked like Armageddon during the Second World War.
Down to twenty two matches to enter into my databases. I did not think I would accomplish this much with all the coming and going in my household. The dogs keep me very busy. The one is a barker so I am constantly on alert when she is outside but the other doesn't normally bark. She is older now though and needs to not run whilst her leg continues to heal.
Solitaire games to do. Another research day and it is a beautiful day. Out several times already with the dogs, singly most times although Zoey was too fast for me first thing. I am getting old.
No comments:
Post a Comment