Thursday, August 20, 2026

Chatted with my other daughter

 The conclusion is that I had a bad headache and wasn't sleeping well; Ottawa Public Health hasn't recorded any West Nile Virus as of August 2026. I was using this mouth appliance that the dentist prescribed but had to stop because of headaches. I meant to ask her about that and forgot (often happens since I reached the age of 81). Since I have given up the appliance it doesn't really matter. I think I was grinding my teeth for a bit; the earlier dentist noticed it as well. But I seem to have given up grinding my teeth apparently; no one mentioned it. So I guess the appliance worked but has become an archaic symbol of my past. I wonder when all my teeth will fall out. Probably doesn't happen quickly; too bad. I still think these false teeth are a great idea and they look nice. 

My daughter says to go to the doctor if I do not get better soon but I am actually improving nicely.  

My daughter told me that there are tests to distinguish all of these viruses that one can acquire but we do not test for them because the test kits are too expensive for us to afford them all across the country. Even in the ER it is not possible to afford these test kits which would be so very helpful there. In her ER they see more than 18 thousand people a year but they do not get money even for a CT scanner. That seems to be some what limiting when their ER never closes. 

We need to get this economy going so that we can afford all of these items.  

No comments: