Friday, October 18, 2024

Just two children of John Siderfin and Joan (Adams) Siderfin to complete

 Nearly caught up again and will complete John Siderfin married to Joan Adams today and move into the descendants of Robert and see if I committed the same error there. I sort of jump from the 9th to the 11th generation and the gap is too large I think although I could follow it through it becomes difficult if you are working your way backwards and want to have a smooth transition. The time span to add in the missing level is short but does add to the page count for sure. 

Walked to the grocery store yesterday and rather think I will do that more often. I just picked up perhaps a half dozen items including two apples and a sweet potato along with three tomatoes, dried cranberries, frozen wild blueberries  and a piece of salmon. I could have done self-check as I was going to pack my own freezer bag and will likely do that so as not to create a slowdown in the line. The clerks are much faster packing. I picked my stuff up and put it back into the cart and packed it over by the wall. There is a new card at Metro I did not know about and have signed up for that one now. You can just get a digital one. I do like digital. But I seldom walk up so perhaps a waste of words somewhat! A lovely salmon, sweet potato and broccoli salad last night. The salmon was large so will be eating it again tonight with leftover sweet potato and broccoli salad.

Another working day and mostly on the Siderfin Charting book I suspect. I do want to complete it before the end of the month so that I can proofread it. Although the proofreading should be fairly quick as there isn't that much text in it and the charts I can just verify quickly. 

Breakfast and then Latin. The moon was brilliant again last and is just bright in the sky this morning. The fall moon is always so very large - the harvest moon so that one can work long hours gathering in the harvest even if the day is shorter. My mother would have been 108 years of age today if she had lived this long. I always thought she would live for ever actually when I was a child. But like me she just gradually receded from our world into the world where everyone that she loved as a child lived; a lot of her happiness laid in God's world where her relatives lived. All the ones that I knew were wonderful people; I can understand her love of the long lost people in her childhood life. Perhaps that made me understand much better my husband's quest wanting to know more about his father who died when he was two. It wasn't an all encompassing need by any means, Edward led a very active life in many different facets but he did always yearn to be like and know more about his father. Edward's older brother never talked about their father in my memory and his mother was the same but fortunately his father's brothers were as helpful as they could be along with many of the farmers that had known Lorne through the years. Edward actually worked for some of them in his summers before going to university. Before we moved here, Edward had no knowledge of Gordon Riddle as his cousin; it was Gordon who mentioned it. They shared a mutual interest in the Kipp family which I assume led Gordon to the Ottawa Branch and he invited Edward to come to a meeting years and years ago before our youngest was born as I vaguely recall. It was a friendship which Edward valued. He was a good friend to his friends for sure.

No comments: