Friday, October 11, 2024

Siderfin Book now 123 pages

 Probably as short as it is going to get with the indexes still to add. Not a lot of forward motion more rereading, rewriting the preface and thinking about some of the charts perhaps still being a bit too large (so small to read). I will do some indexing today along with proofreading and titling. 

I do want to get this off my plate sooner rather than later but also I want it to be complete and something that I will not feel I need to look at again unless new documents come to my view. 

The file for the OUC Church building is rather large at 350 MB so will likely make the split soon. Now into some of the people in the congregation working on the building. Amazing really I thought at the time. A picture of me at the building site (this is not in the basic slides of the building that I am creating; just the actual slides showing the building site during that time period which might interest people):


A rare appearance as Edward and our oldest daughter were usually the ones at the site. Our youngest daughter was just that - only four years of age so generally she was not there and I was usually at home proofreading and editing and spending time with my daughter. I am still thin like that but definitely 36 years older - I was 43 in the picture and smiling at the cameraman (Edward). I am no longer Volunteer Secretary instead at this time I am the Volunteer Supplies Co-ordinator picking up items at the Church store and also a member on the area World Day of Prayer Committee (I also led Bible Studies and was back to being active at the local Anglican Church); an individual was hired to be secretary (I was offered the job but explained that I was already working and very relieved they had decided to hire someone as my time was sparse in those days since I also helped at my daughter's school once a week).

 So another working day today but I will keep up with my three different projects as my eyes only stand so much intensive work. When I proofread/copyedited I took breaks every hour just to walk around/run around the house (probably block in that time frame after my little one went to school). It was a walk when she was small. 

Running is great exercise. It must be done carefully so as not to put undue strain on the knees; a good warmup is important. I had to learn to manage the arthritis in my ankles/knees and the warmup does that so that I am ready to run after a few minutes without causing any arthritic flareup. You have to keep it up though as just two days away from an active exercise cycle can set you back quite a bit at my age. You lose that muscle fitness very quickly. 

Solitaire games completed - an interesting spider today for the Hard one. Yoga is next with jumping jacks and then Breakfast followed by Latin. Thank you God for the wonderful world which you have given us; we need to do better taking care of it. Climate Change has caused so much damage in the United States this past week - two hurricanes in the same area and prayers for all those still in harm's way with flooding. 

The United Nations Peace Keeping Force in Lebanon should be withdrawn. They did not report Hezbollah's attacks on Israel particularly from the 8th of October 2023 on and before that as it has continued since the last war twenty years ago and they do not serve a useful purpose at this time. The decisions meant to protect Israel from Hezbollah (since Hezbollah are always the aggressors) following the war twenty years ago have never been enforced. The UN does not belong in a war zone and can return when the cleanup is needed although they need to ensure that Hezbollah follows the rules which has not happened in the last twenty years. Prayers for the deceased peacekeepers and for those peacekeepers injured, go home, take a break.


No comments: