Saturday, October 19, 2024

Looking at the sizes of these families

These families in the Siderfin book were huge in many cases. Finished the John line that I was missing the tenth generation charts and moved to the Robert line and I needed to do that one as well. I debated this a great deal with myself as the first go through I felt it would be adequate but rereading I wondered whether a jump of three was too much so I went back and changed it to two. Coming from a large family (seven children) I am used to thinking in terms of a large family. I am sure some of these families completely lost touch after the parents passed away and especially when the siblings are gone I suspect. It does take effort to maintain the lines of communication if you want to do that. Certainly James was unsure where to place his great grandfather and he chose the John line but actually he was Robert line - I did agree with my cousin who wanted the Siderfin Study at the Guild on that. 

Another good working day yesterday and also I put in two lesson times on my Latin. All of my exercise routines were completed throughout the the day but I never went outside. I will in the morning sometimes because I need to put the garbage out to the curb. I will also do some cutting down I think. I keep thinking I will do it but never quite make it out the door. I am enjoying all this quiet time for sure. Of course for me it only lasts for a month here and there as I have company the rest of the time. We are always very busy though on our various work projects. 

Today continuing to complete the Robert Line which is by far the largest coming down from Augustine especially with the Thomas Line (his youngest son). Should I publish the 11th generation charts already completed? That is the question; it only really adds the one generation beyond the 10th and most of these lines are into the latter part of the 1800s. Probably these days most people can find their ancestor in the late 1800s with all the census data available. Since they are complete I could do that but on the other hand I do not want this book to be that much longer in length. I have already added another 30 pages. 

Fabulous full moon images night after night. I do miss my time outside with the universe as I am an early to bed person but the early morning sky is gorgeous. 

Some work to do, solitaire games to play and then breakfast and latin to follow. 

 


No comments: