Saturday, October 5, 2024

To move or not to move this next summer

I am wavering on leaving these days. I am settled here and working away and moving would probably cost me four or five months of re-organization time.  Anyway time will tell; it would be nice to be closer to family for sure. We have settled that we will grass in the large garden next summer which will make a big difference and just leave a large row of raspberries as they are a great wind break and also a privacy fence so to speak. Not that I am out there very often anyway! I am definitely not an outdoors person unless it is kayaking or running or swimming something active; I do not sit in the sun willingly for hours on end. 

The other item that I was sort of overlooking was my driver's test at 80 years of age and that was before cataract surgery that I did a lot of thinking on that. Now that my cataract surgery is in the past I may look at this differently. Whether or not I am permitted to keep my license does not matter to me here because everything that I need to do is close by or reachable by bus/taxi. If I move and also do not have my license I have to get used to a new area without a car so is problematic. I am not a clingy person; I like to be independent so would not want to always have to call on my family to get me here and there. So staying another year after turning 80 does sound like a good plan. Not sure why I suddenly revisited this but it has been a good idea to do so. 

Good work on the Companion Book for the Siderfin Family. I am well into Thomas' descendants now working on the grandchildren with his second wife Dorothy Flendley.  These families were large and need more work sometimes creating parts in order to make the data readable. I will continue with that today but also I must put the plastic lid on the well and cover the air conditioner. Those are really the last two tasks to do as the taps are turned off. Of course still the cleanup and two bags of recycling went out yesterday. Although Edward always cut down the raspberries in the spring I think I will trim them back this fall and can then do a little trimming again in the spring. Having that area grassed in then will make a big difference. I think we will buy sods to do that. 

I need to think more about painting the aluminium siding as it is needed sometime in the future. Staying another year makes it easier to complete all of these tasks. Plus I will know about my driver's license and have time to prepare for any eventuality. 

Solitaire games, then breakfast and follow it up with Latin. I am doing some sort of a tournament and in the Finals. Today is the last day it appears and I actually will be happy to get to the Diamond League and work on my regular lessons. I simply fell into this accidentally and have stayed through the Semi-Finals into the Finals.


 





No comments: