Monday, September 21, 2026

Another beautiful Sunday yesterday

 I did go to Church online at my own church here yesterday. Absolutely beautiful service on the first day of the choirs returning. The music as always quite lovely all year round but the return of the choirs is always special. The organ in this Church is particularly remarkable and I love to sit and listen to the music at the end of the service as there is always a special piece played. The sermon very interesting as the dean has just returned from sabbatical which included a pilgrimage famously called El Camino de Santiago (or the Way of St James). I did wonder how it was going as it is a long pilgrimage not for the faint hearted as the distance is 800 kilometres if one begins at Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port. The starting point is at the base of the Pyrenees in France and during our travels in France we did see the Pyrenees at a distance somewhat but impressive as they are rugged. The end point is the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela in Spain and it is five weeks of walking 20 to 25 km per day. It did remind me of my own pilgrimage to Rome which of course does not even slightly compare to this famous pilgrimage El Camino de Santiago. But for me it meant a great deal as we were a group staying at the Monastery near to the Vatican and we were there for a reason - the Consecration of the new Bishop of Europe in the Episcopalian Church of the United States of America. He was a member of our about 4 or 5 hundred strong internet group of world wide Anglicans. He invited us all to come and some did with our group including Americans, British, Australian and my daughter and I from Canada. It was in November 2001. The eight days that we spent around the time of the consecration were a memory that will stay with me always. We visited so many sites day after day and while we took part in all of this we talked about a possible pilgrimage to the Holy Land in 2004. I was also excited to do that but my husband had another plan for that time period just after he retired and I did not go to the Holy Land but the rest of the group did pretty much and still being on the internet group I read their posts and appreciated what they shared since I was not there. 

Yesterday was a lovely day and some items accomplished that needed to be done. I did do some work on my books and also passed the first binder of family pictures and it is number two actually because I have put number one safely in a spot that I haven't located yet and it is not quite finished so hopefully that one will be completed by Christmas along with the third one I am now working on and perhaps even a fourth as they are moving along very well now that I am into the 100% indexed portion of the binders. There is an index to the first but not as complete as the other indexes so a little extra work doing that binder. 

Today is cleaning day and it is the top floor. It is a beautiful sunny day and will be a perfect day to clean for sure. Doing it week in and week out month after month is a good plan as it keeps my exercise level up and the house always ready to receive family. 

Will I ever move out side of the family circle now that I am into my eighties. I really do doubt that that will happen although there may be rare times that occurs but for the most part I prefer just to work away on my books and visit with family when that happens. 

I have more or less come to the conclusion that likely I have autism and have had autism all my life with the testing done when I was five likely the proof in all of that. Being from a family of seven and the middle child I did not have to live up to be the eldest which is a hard row to hoe as you must always be the best example whereas the middle child simply copies and requires considerably less attention and training than the eldest children. Myself I always preferred that quiet hidden life that I led whenever I could. 

Exercise completed, breakfast eaten and solitaire puzzles to do to wake up those brain cells. Yesterday I did the five puzzles in under fifteen minutes amazing some days how fast they get done.  

No comments: