Decided to do the front yard yesterday morning which included raking it and then cutting the grass with the lawnmower and took me about an hour to complete the process. Pulled a few weeds here and there and will see if it needs cutting again before winter.
As well I ended up continuing to build the new set of family photo albums. I am still on the first album and have been through four of the older albums. So this may work to reduce it down to six to eight binders. Sometimes there are so many pictures close in time that I just put five or six into the section and eventually someone may decide to just keep one of them but I find that I can not just decide on that and will leave to the lookers of the future.
I am slowly getting past thinking I am spoiling Edward's set of binders that told the story of his life. He enjoyed them very much but now so that the next generation can enjoy them it is time to downsize the pictures that have little or no meaning to them because they were not there; they are not in the pictures and neither are we because they are scenery pictures. Fortunately the binders actually end in 2001 which will help to make my task easier. I also suspect that in the future likely looking at them on the computer will be much more common as there is an index of the entire set of fourty albums and they will likely look at all of the pictures because we went to a lot of countries in our travels. But I will leave that up to the future and not attempt to second quess it. But for the moment fourty large binders is a lot of binders.
I find my mind still contemplating the Blake family history but I do think I will set it aside if only for a week and work on the Pincombe family. The generational chart is considerably easier coming down from the family at North Molton, Devon where they arrived in 1486 and lived in North Molton for the first generation but moved away in the second towards South Molton and in the third towards Bishops Nympton and Barnstaple with Pincombe being in a lot of the villages in North Devon along the main highway that still exists there. My line was at Bishops Nympton from the late 1500s until the 1830s at which time John Pincombe and his wife (Elizabeth (Rew) Pincombe) were living in Molland which is pretty close actually to Bishops Nympton having traveled those roads in 2008. They then emigrated to Canada in November 1850 via the Port of New York going to visit John's older brother Robert who lived at Genesee New York and arrived January 1851. All of this was known to me from my mother who was a Pincombe before she married a Blake.
I do believe that this Pincombe family that arrived in North Molton in 1486 with John Lord Zouch came in one of two capacities - one would be part of a system that guaranteed that John Lord Zouch would remain at North Molton as he had supported Richard III and for that King Henry VII had stripped him of his estates and sent him to North Molton to remain there until he was told he could leave - that is my suspicion since John Pencombe received land at North Molton. It makes sense. But he could also have been a supporter of John Lord Zouch but I am moving away from that thought. One notes I used the spelling Pencombe which does appear to be correct according to the Devon Lay Subsidy of 1524-27 where John Pencombe's name appears along with that of his son Thomas who is employed by his father. The two older sons have land of their own listed on the Subsidy - John and William. Now that I am into it I believe I will create the generational chart and go ahead with that. I do have a little information on John Pencombe's location prior to North Molton and it was at Pencombe, Herefordshire and I do have some other family names that appear to be part of this grouping. The yDNA suggests that this is a Flemish family but they do not appear on the 1330-1550 Emigrants database so one assumes they came before 1330; but they are not Norman. I will continue trying to discover more about the Pencombe family in Herefordshire.
So my projects are occupying me very nicely actually. I am getting work done on all of them and I am also working outside which was the plan. Today I will work on the very back of the yard once again raking to pick up all the twigs that have dropped from the tree. There is work to do there; the compost bin is made of wood and is in need of repair but beyond me so I just make do with that and do not add anything. The earth there should be in good shape to spread around one day but it will not be me doing that. It is possible that I could get the trees cut a bit but I may leave that to the spring although will continue to contemplate it. I am not actually seeing much dead wood and the fall of branches is not all that unusual.
Solitaire puzzles to do.
I have completed reading Esther and will begin reading 1 Maccabees. Esther was an amazing book which I was familiar with including Purim which is a part of the Jewish year. Peace is flowing like a river in the area that the Bible is talking about. Peace is beautiful and one would wish for it all over the world so that people can live their lives, do their work and raise their children. War is sad in God's world. God said to love God with all our heart, soul, strength and mind and to love (respect) our neighbour as ourself. Those two commandments should lead us to peace. One could wish for that. Maccabees, Books 1 and II are not in the Revised King James Bible and I do not really remember reading them before. Today I begin. I did learn that 1 and 2 Maccabees was in the original 1611 King James Version as part of the Apocrypha. We did have a copy of the Bible with the Apocrypha but I had forgotten some of the books that were included in the Apocrypha.
No comments:
Post a Comment