Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Looking at the two Charts

 There are two major charts that exist for the Blake family of Calne supposedly but in reality there is very little on those charts about the Blake family of Calne (most members of the family are not in the charts in the early days particularly the Blake Family Chart at the Bridgwater Blake Museum. That is part of the problem. On the other hand that chart was primarily created for the Blake family of Somerset linking it back to the Calne Blake family. The Blake yDNA project though remains small with insufficient numbers particularly the Blake families in England. 

 Blake Family Chart Page 1


 At the head of the chart Robert Le Blake of Quemberford juror at Hungerford 22 Jan 1336, followed by Richard Blaque/Blake of Wiltshire followed by his son Henry Blake, then William Blake and finally Henry Blake. The hyphened line flowing to the right at this point is then part of Page 2. Below that dotted line Robert Blake and Avice (Wallop) (Malewyn) Blake

 


 The second is the 


Pedigree Chart created by the College of Arms using the family material of the descendants of Daniel Blake (London, England, 1690 with additions into 1700):

 






Two small differences at the beginning of the chart: 1. First individual is Robert le Blake in the Blake Family Chart and Richard Blake in the Pedigree Chart (Richard is the second name on the Blake Family Chart). Otherwise the details are fairly similar so one is left to assume the Pedigree Chart is the blueprint of the Blake Family Chart. Adding in the third page of the Pedigree Chart:

 


 We can follow the line coming down from Robert son of Robert Blake and Avice (Wallop) (Malewyn) Blake to their son Roger Blake married to Mary Baynard and continuing to the incorrect part of this chart which is William Blake of Eastontown who died in 1582 marrying Avice daughter of Sir Gervace Ripley who does not exist. William himself is the son of Nicholas Blake living at Old Hall, Enham. The difference is changing the time span and moving this particular individual over to the Hampshire section of the Blake Family Chart. This is the large mistake made by Horatio Gates Somerby who thought it would be interesting to use Nicholas Blake of Andover in this fashion in his fraudulent family histories which he sold to wealthy Blake families in the United States. I shall do a more thorough job at the Pedigree Chart because this is a Blake family of Andover set into the Blake family of Calne. This particular line moved away from Andover to Surrey before going on to London and other places. 

The Book will relate what I discovered so will not continue with this discussion other than to mention again the fraud of Horatio Gates Somerby.

I completed reading the Book of Judith and started the Book of Esther which is included in the King James Version of the Bible.

Today is cleaning day for the basement and the robot is doing the rugs and then I will take over and scrub the floor and dust and then my cleaning will be done for another week. Rainy today but the ground always needs moisture and today is no exception. 

My recounting of the story of these two Charts will end today just going over again what does not fit in with the wills. I will return to the wills tomorrow looking at the Will of Thomas and the Will of Jone Blake (widow of Enham). 

Another beautiful day in God's world - I love the rain as it falls softly on the roof and the land. I have not even watered once this year although we have had a lot of rain. 

Yesterday I had my filling at the dentist and it was very quick. The rebellious child in me still thinks that false teeth are a really nice item but one does know that one's own teeth actually are better. And so year in and year out I go to the dentist; I brush my teeth three times a day and I am now using a water device that runs along the gum line to see if I can retard the aging of my teeth and perhaps slow down any cavities that try to grow where my teeth are capped. Life is all about taking care of yourself. I think the reality is that it isn't always easy; you have to make choices that use up a lot of time rather than short cuts I always think but in the long run God gave us our brains to help us look out for ourselves and to live the best life that we are able.  

Thank you God for all that you do. Prayers for a good life for all.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: