Sunday, September 13, 2026

Continuing working on the Pincombe book

 I had created a chart in the Pincombe book with the list of chromosomes from 1 to 23 on the left side and then five columns for the five siblings who have tested out of seven siblings in total. I wanted to put into each of the sibling's blocks opposite each chromosome the longest length that was found in the matching for each chromosome. As I worked away I realized there could be a benefit to having the total length that was matched for Pincombe for each sibling but I have a different purpose for that so did not go back and change anything. All but one chromosome had matches for Pincombe - Chromosome 21 does not although that was somewhat surprising given that every sibling has a length of Pincombe and I did discover when I checked back into my phasing that two lengths that are my matches actually are there although very tiny and one of the matches is a known 3rd cousin. I tend to be the most different from everyone else. My percentages shared with each grandparent compared to the other four siblings are always the opposite to their sharing. The four of them tend to resemble each other more than myself although I am more similar to my younger siblings than my older. But that is the way that DNA is distributed - totally random to each newly conceived child. 

I shall have to have a look at Chromosome 21 on Living DNA as their charting makes it possible to do deep studies into each chromosome. Each one of the companies has advantages that they have utilized and they stand out and I do use them all. 

I completed the chart but I am not sure I will reproduce it in the book. Now that I have done it I can see a different value in it than originally. I believe that once I have phased the great grandparents that I can readily reconstruct my parents' DNA which would be fabulous. I may not be able to recreate all 23 chromosomes but we will see. At the moment there are just ten empty boxes but I did not put small matches into my chart particularly unless I had a reason. Using DNA Painter charts that I have created I can see where there are matches covered and most of the tiny holes have been filled with my latest going through the new matches. 

What I thought Table 7 might be telling me is not different from the original thought when I created the headings for the chart about a year ago now. Time has moved quickly for me and this next year is also going to be fast moving. I think perhaps in four years or so I will find a quieter life likely; time will tell. But these books are planned to be completed by then and I would be working on Buller and Rawlings. The Rawlings book is mostly put together by my cousin in Australia and he sent it to me. I have quite a bit that I can add to it and will do so once I have reached that point in time. 

Worked outside on the backyard and started at the back fence and raked up all the small branches (and some large) that have fallen from the maple tree this past year. I achieved a large paper recycling bag full of small twigs and branches and some of the dried leaves that have not rotted through the summer. Then I cut the lawn and so that part is now ready for winter. I think it will take me probably five more days to complete the back yard. Along the way I will finish loading up the shed for winter and get the garage ready for the car as November soon arrives and I like to be ready. Again I will not cut down the plants but rather let them die off and rot away into the ground. Edward used to bring in a lot of fresh earth and replenishment types of additions to feed the ground before planting but I am not going to do that because I am not going to garden it. At 81 I will just watch and look and enjoy the wildlife in the yard and no gardening except I do try and weed a few times a year. 

Having used AI for about six months now fairly regularly I can see that their knowledge banks have expanded enormously. Dealing with genealogy six months ago there was limited knowledge but now the AIs I encounter have a grasp of what an old will should look like and quickly understood my square bracketing of the missing text in latin wills and they have become knowledgeable enough that they told me I was incorrect with some of the bracketed text but I could explain to the AI I was working with that those tiny little marks above the spot where the text was missing do indicate what has been left out more or less and that these wills written five hundred and more years ago were very variable  especially if they were written by the local scribe (perhaps priests or just a skilled person). However I did not do that at the time. As you read the wills that this individual has produced you soon get used to the marks that they use to denote certain missing text. One must be area specific that far back for sure. I do find they quickly jump to conclusions whereas I have an open mind and try to come up with all the possibilities but they lack that human quality of sizing up the problem. But I do respect their ability to find and recall vast amounts of information and that they can sift through it at a very rapid pace.  One does need to have their work evaluated as the Anthropic CEO has just mentioned today and it needs to be evaluated constantly. But AI is fast. Tasks that would take me several days are accomplished in a couple of minutes although one needs to note that the order and the stripping of format needs to be addressed in advance which I have not done yet and we will see if that works. Like computers, using AI may well make the job more cumbersome due to extraneous text, misunderstanding the path to take , stripping out formatting and not retaining the order within an excel file or any file for that matter. Myself I number the lines in all of my large files so that I can return to the base line at any time. So not a problem but it does make more work for me to reassemble my file and reformat my file. 

Woke up in the night and decided to do a bit of work. Always good to make use of any spare time!

Sunday and another week begins in God's world. How beautiful this world is and to have it marred by carelessness is just sad. When will humankind learn to follow God's commandments and they are brief - Love God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength and love (respect) our neighbour as ourself. On these two commandments we could live the perfect life but for evil creeping in. 

Church later today and I shall do more work on the photo books as well. 

Diversifying our trade within the provinces and territories and around the world is slowly being achieved and Prime Minister Carney has my full  support. It is nice to see Canada so unified behind this Prime Minister. His vision, the vision of the Fathers of Confederation, is growing.  

Solitaire puzzles when I wake up in the later morning as this is just 3:25 a.m. EDT. Goodnight world. 

Dear Father hear and bless they beasts and singing birds and guard with tenderness small things that have no words. God bless my grandparents, my parents, my siblings, my husband who have preceded me in this life and bless my children, son in law, grandchildren, my siblings' families and all the world dear Lord. May we find peace. Amen. 

 

 

No comments: