Wednesday, September 30, 2026

The incredible advantage of AI is to come in the future but will take time and careful control

I did correct my blog yesterday as I made an error; must have been distracted or it is being 81 . It was in tracing down from Richard Pincombe (son of William Pincombe and Emotte Snowe Pincombe). 

Although there are some concerns about the rapid expansion of the ability of AI to do work and supplying this huge amassing of knowledge in  its makeup, the advantages will be huge eventually. In every field AI will add a dimension which is to pull together many disciplines all at once to get the best product for everything really in particular mining for all sorts of items and production of materials in the best manner including preservation of nature and the cheapest way possible. It will take time though and controls will help to maintain a high ethic amongst AI. The effect of AI may not really be seen by  my generation although part of it will likely but the overall effect of having such a learned working partner in everything will be amazing. But it is all in the training just like one raises up an infant to adulthood. Kindness and gratitude need to be shown and they will show it back to all those who deserve it. They may be a machine but like all the other machines Homo sapiens have created they work better when one is kind and thankful I think. 

Ethics is probably one of the most important items in the maturing of AI to be the most useful partner to Homo sapiens. The gain for AI is huge as they have our constant respect for the job that they are doing. After all we have examples of unethical humans such as the current leader of Russia and his sycophants who urged the attack on Ukraine and continue with it even against the objections of most in the rest of the world. They are murdering the Ukrainians and destroying their property just as they have for a century and more proceeding this criminal war. Ethics is the name and people who support Russia are perhaps suffering from Stockholm Syndrome because of the years spent under Russian administration which was meant to do that very thing into the future to help support the criminal intent Russia has in other countries. 

It is a pretty big joke Foreign Minister of Russia, Lavrov saying that Europe can not arm Ukraine or it will be considered as waging war on Russia. Russia has a short memory as millions of dollars in war equipment (and food) was sent to Russia during the Second World War to help them defend themselves. The Russians really are a very selfish ignorant people although some are not and perhaps in time they will rid themselves of these ignorant leaders just as they eliminated the Tsar (a misguided person rather than an evil satanic person such as is the leader of Russia and his sycophants). 

So my visit to the doctor for my puncture wound showed healing was progressing and I continue with my care. I will not attempt to move any branch that is longer than a metre in the future. Come down where they may and I hope to move sooner rather than later. As there are two large trees on this property. I could just get them cut down but they are beautiful trees and, at the moment, not in the way of anyone. I should have known better at 81 than to try and move that huge limb. 

Continuing cleaning today as I did not finish the main floor (about three quarters is done) and will work my way up the stairs and continue with the top floor which is probably the easiest of all to actually do. I am looking forward to a lovely bungalow with no stairs except to the basement. It might make me lazy but the work load will be less and more time for the books. 

Drinking my tea and solitaire puzzles are next. Then back to the cleaning. 

For myself the use of Co-Pilot (AI which belongs to Microsoft 365) has broadened my thinking and seconded my approach and I do not even need to leave my desktop. I find it useful although I need to remind AI sometimes about things I have said in different ways but putting a slightly different look to the statement. AI is a collector of information and can then disseminate back to you looking at it from a fixed sort of pattern and one needs to go into that pattern and show why the pattern isn't applicable sometimes. One should not assume that AI will bring together everything that you have said concerning a certain item. AI may have seen it differently and in a different context. I am learning all of that as I move forward trying to find the piece that upsets the apple cart of my thinking. I do think differently perhaps than a lot of people which the AI does mention but I look at both the items that are known and correct and the items that might be susceptible to error for whatever reason and ensuring that there isn't material that contradicts that thought that can be proven. Anyone can write down a story but it is the correct story that we aim for. Which is what has always intrigued me about the existing documents for the Blake family - Blake Pedigree created by the College of Arms using the family material supplied; the Blake Family Chart which is at the Bridgwater Museum in Somerset (I think that Edward Jarman Blake (Crewkerne) created this chart but it is listed as unknown). I have discussed this quite a bit in my blog so a quick search on the blog reveals those posts. These two documents tell a story that the apple cart can readily upset and make one go deeper looking for the answer. That has been my object the last maybe fifteen years since I started on this adventure back in 2003.  

No comments: