Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Basement cleaning completed

 Basement all cleaned and the main floor is today. I do think this regular routine serves me well both as good exercise and keeping the house always  more or less ready. 

Worked on the Early Chancery Proceedings but switched to reading the 3rd volume on Internet Archive which begins with the reign of Henry VII.  Nothing yet but still in 1485 although I doubt that mention is made of John Lord Zouch going to North Molton but we will see. He was attainted in 1485. I have reviewed almost all of my material now from earlier searches although still the Parish Registers to look at and North Molton:

Baptisms

 Number    Surname    Forename    status    Fathers surname    Fathers forename    Mothers surname    Mothers forename    Year    Month    Day    Details
80    Pyncombe    Agnes    daughter    Pyncombe    William            1543    June    6    
169    Pyncombe    Mary    daughter    Pyncombe    William            1547    Dec    8    
364    Pyncombe    Marye    daughter    Pymcombe    John            1555    July    8    
390    Pyncombe    Marye    daughter    Pyncombe    John            1555    Feb    3    
473    Pyncombe    Johane    daughter    Pyncombe    John            1561    Apr    5    
521    Pyncombe    Marye    daughter    Pyncombe    John            1563    Jan    18    
750    Pyncombe    Peternell    daughter    Pyncombe    John            1574    Jun    29    of Flitton
1256    Pyncombe    Phillip    son    Pyncombe    George            1592    May    28    
1320    Pyncombe    Emott    daughter    Pyncombe    George        Dorothie    1594    Dec    9    
1373    Pyncombe    William    son    Pyncombe    George        Dorothie    1597    Apr    15    
1415    Pyncombe    Johane    daughter    Pyncombe    George        Dorothie    1599    Nov    9    
1493    Pincombe    Henrye    son    Pincombe    George        Dorothie    1602    Dec    19    
1818    Pincombe    Thomas    son    Pincombe    Thomas            1616    Mar    30    
2535    Pincombe    William    son    Pincombe    Thomas        Joan    1639    Mar    31    
2606    Pincombe    Thomas    son    Pincombe    Thomas        Joan    1641    Apr    14    
2734    Pincombe    Richarde    son    Pincome    Thomas        Joan    1644    Nov    10    
2735    Pincombe    John    son    Pincome    Thomas        Joan    1644    Nov    10    
2830    Pincombe    Frances    daughter    Pincome    Bartholomew        Frances    1647    Dec    12    
2865    Pincombe    Robart    son    Pincombe    Thomas        Joan    1648    Jan    21    
2909    Pincombe    Richorde    daughter    Pincombe    Bartholomew        Joan    1649    Feb    19    
3084    Pincombe    John    son    Pincombe    Bartholomew        Joane    1654    Nov    27    

Dates of Birth rather than Baptism
3696    Pincombe    Thomas    son    Pincombe    Thomas            1670    Oct    18    
3885    Pincombe    Mary    daughter    Pincombe    Thomas        Agnis    1677    Apr    8    
4012    Pincombe    Joane    daughter    Pincombe    William        Johane    1681    Oct    11    
4070    Pincombe    William    son    Pincombe    William        Joane    1683    Sep    18    
4132    Pincombe    John    son    Pincombe    William        Joane    1685    Oct    27    
4152    Pincombe    John    son    Pincombe    John        Elizabeth    1686    Mar    30    
4189    Pincombe    Robert    son    Pincombe    William        Joane    1687    May    5    
4233    Pincombe    Thomas    son    Pincombe    John        Elizabeth    1688    Jul    11    
4277    Pincombe    Elizabeth    daughter    Pincombe    John        Elizabeth    1689    Jul    20    
4509    Pincombe    Richard    son    Pincombe    Richard        Thomzine    1695    Feb    21    
4635    Pincombe    William    son    Pincombe            Thomazine    1699    Aug    25    

Marriages

Number    Groom surname    Groom forename    Bride surname    Bride forename    Year    Month    Day
6    Kingdon    Phillip    Pincumbe    Margret    1539    Nov    15
85    Pyncombe    John    Hodge    Emet    1560    Jul    1
118    Pyncombe    William    Gregorye    Margret    1564    Nov    26
126    Squire    William    Pyncombe    Margerett    1567    May    26
130    Squire    George    Pyncombe    Mary    1567    Jul    20
367    Pincombe    Thomas    Smith    Joan    1635    Apr    28
656    Pincombe    William    Cole    Joane    1674    Feb    9
715    Mallary    Nicholas    Pincombe    Mrs. Temperance    1681    Jun    9
798    Holloway    Richard    Pincombe    Thomazine    1688    Jan    3
812    Pincombe    William    Mooreman    Mary    1689    Sep    24
944    Allen    Thomas    Pincombe    Maria    1702    Aug    2 

Burials

Number    Surname    Forename    Status    Surname    Forename    Surname    Forename    Year    Month    Day    Details
163    Pyncombe    Marye    daughter    Pyncombe    John            1555    Dec    7    
260    Pyncombe    Marye    daughter    Pyncombe    John            1563    Feb    3    
261    Pyncombe    Elizabeth    wife    Pyncombe    William            1563    Feb    18    
267    Pyncombe    William                        1564    Sep    13    
288    Pyncombe    William                        1565    Mar    25    
399    Pincombe    George                        1610    Jan    19    
400    Pincombe    Dorothie    widow                    1610    Feb    2    
671    Pincombe    William    son    Pincombe    Thomas        Katherine    1624    Dec    7    

1013    Pincombe    Katherine    wife    Pincombe    Thomas            1636    Feb    5    
1037    Pincomb    William                        1637    Jan    29    
1244    Pincombe    Elizabeth                        1645    Oct    13    
1404    Pyncombe    Thomas                        1651    Dec    8    
1524    Pincombe    Bartholomew                        1656    Dec    24    
1532    Pincombe    Richorde    daughter    Pincombe    Bartholomew        Joan    1657    May    21    
1533    Pincombe    Frances    daughter    Pincombe    Bartholomew (deceased)   Joane    1657    May 27  
1926    Pincombe    Thomas    son    Pincombe    Thomas            1670    Dec    2    
2000    Pincombe    John                        1673    Apr    5    
2142    Pincombe    Robert                        1678    Jan    31    
2255    Pincombe    Thomas                        1682    Aug    8    
2336    Pincombe    John    son    Pincombe    William        Joane    1685    Dec    12    
2380    Pincombe    Robert    son    Pincombe    William        Joane    1687    Nov    5    
2409    Pincombe    Thomas    son    Pincombe    John        Elizabeth    1688    Jul    14    
2410    Pincombe    Joane    wife    Pincombe    William            1688    Jul    25    
2441    Pincombe    William    son    Pincombe    William        Joane    1688    Jan    31    
2473    Pincombe    John                        1689    Jan    9    
2497    Pincombe    Joane    widow                    1690    Apr    6    
2610    Pincombe    Elizabeth    wife    Pincombe    Richard            1693    Jul    2    of East Buckland 

It is amazing seeing the last line above. I had actually forgotten that Richard's first wife Elizabeth was of East Buckland as was Richard and that was where his father William and his wife Emotte Snow lived and raised their nine children with Richard being the fourth son. Richard is my 9x great grandfather and my line descends from his likely 2nd wife Anne and their son William who was baptized 23 Mar 1599 at Bishops Nympton, Devon. Richard brought the Pincombe line to Bishops Nympton and as far as I know they lived at Park which is where my 3x great grandfather lived (Robert Pincombe married to Elizabeth Rowcliffe 7 Jun 1803 at Bishops Nympton.

 Cleaning soon, breakfast eaten and solitaire puzzles to do. Reading Job and almost half way through. The story of Job is so sad. I have always found it hard to believe that God would let satan abuse a person so do wonder about the Story of Job but God did have His own way of proving a point for sure and that we have seen throughout the Old Testament. 

I suffered a puncture wound it appears moving this huge tree limb last week. I actually didn't notice it until a couple of days later when my face swelled up just a tiny bit in one spot where I could see a tiny mark and then started to bleed and then drained. Some swelling but not a lot and a circle of redness about 5 cm top to bottom. So I booked into the emergency clinic early this morning and I got the last appointment of the clinic. Later in the morning the office called with an offer of an appointment later in this morning so I said yes and thank you. Probably saving somebody staying late for the last appointment which I am happy about and lucky that there is someone to actually look at it. I hate having to show my daughter who is over an hour's drive away  to ask her if I am doing the right thing as I do not like to become a burden on the medical system. The computer has its great values in medicine but in person is definitely preferred for such items. I will take my shoe bag just in case; just thought of that. I do not believe I have ever had such a wound before in my 81 years. 

 

No comments: