Such a beautiful story of faith and love in the Book of Tobit. The Bible is the most read book in the world and if we all but followed its commandments we would be a world at peace loving God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength and loving (respecting) our neighbour as ourself. Thank you God for all that you have done for your people. May this land become a perfect land worshiping God and following His commandments.
Two people rescued from the floods in Nepal and Tibet and they have brought the news to the surface that there are more people alive to save. What wondrous news after so many days. Prayers that more will be rescued alive.
Some accomplishment on the genealogical table; I am gathering and sorting at the moment the material that will go into this genealogical table. It will only come up to my Grandfather and his peers. Samuel George Blake was born in 1875 and by now the census is very complete and anyone can trace back to this time period given that records are so available from this time forward. The book is for Grandpa so it is fitting that it would discover his Blake family coming back from him deep into the past.
Yesterday would have been our 60th Wedding Anniversary and as always on the anniversary I donated to the Ottawa Branch Library of Ontario Ancestors (was Ontario Genealogical Society). I did not yet renew my yearly membership. I am still thinking about that although I do want to be supportive of an organization that meant to much to Edward. I also donated to our Alma Mater Western University in his memory also. I have meant to be doing that but the years pass and I am becoming much more in unison with how he donated. Basically I forgot but will stay with it now. They are small amounts for sure but every dollar counts to help keep these organizations going and to provide particularly for the young in the case of universities.
Today I want to start on the family photo books and start to produce the six to eight that are solely about us. They will begin with all of Edward's pictures when he was a child (mine are all electronic as the originals are held by my youngest sister which suits me very well). I decided I did not want to keep originals if I can avoid it. I do have a few pictures of me as a young child that I will put in the books.
At Thanksgiving I will remember the Ottawa Hospital with a donation in Edward's memory (usually when someone wealthy is going to double or triple or whatever the amount) and then at Christmas again in Edward's memory I will remember the other organizations that meant a lot to both of us.
Another beautiful day in God's world and may all His blessings fall down upon this world. Just a little yellowing of the leaves on the tree out front as Fall makes its appearance. I have taken down the bird feeder until May comes around once again. It is all scrubbed up and cleaned ready for the next year. The Cardinal family still comes and perches on the branch because this is their territory and it doesn't matter whether there is a bird feeder there or not. It is still theirs; interesting really.
Another busy day and it is a research day so shall try to accomplish as much as I am able. My strength has returned after a long summer of being just very busy. At 81 my ability to maintain that very busy for four months is disappearing. Next summer I shall have to maintain a schedule that sees me rest a little more than this year as I became quite exhausted.
Solitaire puzzles and breakfast. I had my last piece of banana bread before exercise and so today must be a baking day and I need to have my breakfast because I am hungry.
No comments:
Post a Comment