Thursday, September 3, 2026

Genealogical tree in process

 Finally down to work on the genealogical tree for Blake. It will begin with Robert Blake and he has two sons Richard and Thomas. Both of these men leave their wills and Richard leaves his just a couple of months after his father passed away with Thomas' will (younger brother) being nearly twenty years later. Jone Blake (widow) does not name her husband but the wills of Richard and Jone do give one the impression that they were husband and wife. Jone names her children as Robert, Nicholas and Elizabeth. Elizabeth is married to (unknown) Mylne although in her father's will she is not married. Richard naming his eldest son Robert  in his will is helpful as well as in that his father was also Robert who left his will dated 14 Dec 1521. I have quite a bit on these lines which I will now pull into my legacy file. Charlou Dolan worked on the family of Robert (son of Richard) and I have all of her work but the dates are just approximate. I have more details now from other records. But I will credit her with her work in the book when I write it up. 

I need to do a little more work on the Latin in Robert's will just to clarify a couple of small points.   That was lucky learning all that Latin but I need to get back to the Mango Languages Latin and will be doing that soon just to keep it fresh. 

Up early, mind is racing. It happens and I just have to work through it and then sleep for a while to keep the brain rested. So doing some short projects just to wear me out once again and back to sleep for a couple of hours. 

This was a very busy summer and really never stopped from early May right to the end of August nearly. I am looking forward to this fairly quiet September and then on into the Fall. The one hour a day on the yard will be good exercise and lots of fresh air. Plus the yard will look better. The plants that Edward guarded are still there to a certain extent but some are lost and that is sort of sad but it happens in nature all the time so must not dwell on it. Something always replaces it and sometimes that is just as beautiful as what was there and less fragile generally. 

I also need to get to work on the Kipp Newsletters as I promised them to Chilliwack Archives. I need to add a Creative Commons License to them and I did write the final one yesterday and put it up online. I remembered to put that on Edward's blog as well. I will try to send the email again today to the members of the yDNA Kip-Kipp study. I may have been tired putting it in and missed something.  There is a little bit of work to do there as there are about a dozen newsletters that I wrote. Edward did not want to do that; he preferred just writing anything in his blog but I decided it would be quicker for me to add everything from the blog into newsletters and make it available to the entire study group. That does appear to be going to work well as they would like the Newsletters at the Archives and then I can just take them down. 

It is possible that my older daughter when she retires sometime into the future and it will probably be quite a while as she loves working especially teaching and helping students doing their masters and PhD but she also teaches undergraduate as well during each calendar year. She has several research projects ongoing with past students who now have their own academic positions in the United States and around the world. But I digress at some point into the future I suspect my eldest daughter will take over the DNA Studies so I am ensuring that I have complete files so that she doesn't have to start it all over again. I do have to put together Edward's files as I just gave him sort of final information on his different lines as especially Ancestry proved all of his lines to be accurate which was all he wanted. But he also tested at all the different companies and so there is a lot of data but never put into databases or saved as single name files for each match. So a lot of work to do there and I am in the thought process on how to proceed getting that done. I will use the same principle as I used with my own. When he saw my phasing of my grandparents he wanted that as well and did ask his one niece. The only difference really is I have a set of five siblings and for Edward I have himself and many many cousins from 1st cousin to third  in large numbers and even larger numbers of more than third cousins. I believe I can phase his grandparents with all this data so we will see how that goes. I wish I had the DNA of his nieces and perhaps one day hard to say. Both of them would be great as they are not a great deal alike and so would cover both sides of the family likely. The older one is very like Edward in her younger pictures (Edward's first cousins (six males I think, I have forgotten as I do not know his family only met them rarely) look alike in many ways) and the younger one very like her father Allen in her younger pictures although both look like their mother as well but 1/2 is great. The people that I most knew in Princeton were friends of his father (and mother) that filled Edward in on lots of interesting stories about his father. But we only visited with them a few times but wonderful conversations. They were primarily people that Edward worked for when he was young; he first started to work in tobacco when he was just 12/13 years of age. Too young really; not good to be around all those chemicals when you are growing without taking good precautions such as they do now a days. 

Back to bed. Solitaire puzzles when I wake up again as I am getting sleepy.  

Tiredness is creeping in once again.  

 

No comments: