Cleaning day appeared to have occupied my entire day yesterday. I got absolutely nothing else done except for my chicken stew at night. I am back to salmon three nights a week and chicken stew four nights a week. A bit boring I suppose but surprisingly I appreciate the repetition as I do not have to contemplate what to cook.
I did watch the presentations/talks given by Prime Minister Carney and Past Prime Minister Harper. Both of them were extremely interesting and informative. Nearly $500 Billion dollars has been put forward by the Pension Plans, the Canadian Banks, and a few other groups to give the Prime Minister nearly 50% of his goal (the contributors would be the ones that one would expect to be making such announcements on the spot - they are after all Canadian). I think that if we can manage another $500B to a trillion in the next year or two we are well on our way. Getting all of these projects going in the next five years would see us managing very well; our employment would be strong and the adjustments in our graduating youth would have happened ensuring that we had everyone trained that we need trained for our future endeavours. These projects are excellent and well planned and well presented. I suspect the Prime Minister was micro managing everything to a certain extent although he has an excellent cabinet to help him and the premiers are working so very well with him.
I came to a decision that I add migraine to my list of reasons for cancelling any appointment that I have. I have very few appointments in my 81st year for sure. I think it slows down my reaction time and so it continues as I age onward. Just two more days of work in the back yard or perhaps three will see that accomplished. Then finish unloading the garage and I am ready for winter. I love winter; I go out once a week and I could just order the groceries delivered and will consider doing that. I get lots of work done which is wondrous.
I had an email from an American descendant of the Increase Blake family. He was pointing at my comments on Nicholas not having a brother Humphrey. The greatest dis-service was done by Horatio Gates Somerby when he added Humphrey as a brother to Nicholas in the Andover Blake family. He wrote books for families (private) with this in it. Francis E Blake, a descendant of Increase Blake worked with Edward Jarman Blake (Crewkerne, Somerset, England) to better understand the Somerset Blake family and he corrected that error with his book "Increase Blake of Boston, his ancestors and descendants with a full account of William Blake of Dorchester and his five children" that Horatio Gates Somerby had introduced into the Somerset Blake family in the United States (and it is huge there; many many descendants). Paul Reed, an American genealogist, also pointed this out in his article “THE CONNECTIONS AMONG THE BLAKES OF OVER STOWEY, SOMERSET, ANDOVER, HAMPSHIRE, AND CALNE, WILTSHIRE, AND THE FALSE CLAIM THAT THE BLAKES OF DORCHESTER, MASSACHUSETTS DESCEND FROM THEM, Paul Reed, TAG, 1999. But still that fradulence introduced by Horatio Gates Somerby continues to be mentioned. Sad really.
Today I clean the top floor and shall began after breakfast which is shortly. The morning has passed quickly and one hour of exercise does take up quite a bit of it first thing but I think I am better for doing that exercise. Gets me ready to take on the day.
I like the idea of a stronger bond between the European Union and Canada that simply brings together our mutual interests and opinions. It will also provide vast empty spaces in which European companies can expand and produce bringing them closer to Asian markets given our transportation system across our entire continent and that is intended to become even more efficient with a future high speed train from Halifax to Vancouver. There could also be sidelines up to the Port of Churchill as that develops and becomes yet a third large port in this case opening into the Arctic. We remain a single sovereign country but the shared bonds with the Eastern Hemisphere (Canada being in the Western Hemisphere) is a good idea. We are, after all, just one world and we all need to look out for each other as we do not know what is out there beyond the moon and out into the stars.
I look forward to the idea of re-creating the car industry that we had before the Auto Pact in the 1960s. Someone in Canada will come up with that idea and run with it because it just sounds exciting to be able to have our own car industry again and this time we will not sell it out to anyone that isn't Canadian (we must protect our Canadian industries). Building a car that suits the country. We are a huge landmass from ocean to ocean to ocean. But I wouldn't say no to a joint venture that included another country which is already producing cars to jointly produce cars in Canada for Canadians but they could also be sold else where as well. Lots of exciting ideas floating around; I believe it was the Prime Minister who first mentioned that a while ago now.
Yesterday I thought about the Pencombe family of Herefordshire but still have to pull out the Latin transcriptions I did a while ago and will try to get that done today.
I should complete the reading of 1 Maccabees today and then into 2 Maccabees tomorrow. This is the time, the two hundred years before the Birth of Christ and this history is well know to all of us really although this particular set of books relates only to the history of the Jewish people at its centre. Alexander the Great took Greece to huge prominence at this time but he died so young, just 32 years of age, as Emperor of it all really - a Golden Age for Greece. The books of Maccabees relate the breaking up of that huge Empire as the Roman Empire now started to emerge. Egypt was powerful throughout this period as well so that Israel was nestled between all these greats striving to survive. In this modern world all of these countries have survived and continue as Egypt, Greece, Israel and Italy. Amazing really that their written history goes back so far in time both in the Bible and in the historical material that has survived from those ancient times. It is a gift of the ages handed down to a world that has recovered from two dreadful World Wars and then a Cold War and now we watch as small wars flicker in our world disturbing the peace that was bought so dearly by so many in the last century.
Solitaire games are next and then breakfast.
Thank you God for all that you do in our world. For God Love transcends everything and His love for His people is strong and vibrant. We must keep His laws - love God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength and love (respect) our neighbours as ourselves. God be praised.
No comments:
Post a Comment